IP Due Diligence
TekIP offers IP due diligence services to assist companies with developed intellectual property (IP) portfolios in preparation for their IP transactions, such as In-licensing, Out-licensing, Sale or Purchase of IP assets.
Upon completion of IP due diligence, our clients will have a complete understanding of the strength, risk and opportunities of IP portfolio.
An IP due diligence can be conducted to:
- Check for alignments with end business goal and further identify significant gaps in IP coverage.
- Examine the enforceability, ownership rights, Legal Status and the future business potential to be derived from the IP.
- Assess the Validity of claims.
- Investigate freedom to operate, pending or potential litigation(s).
- Identify Target Company for Assertion opportunities or Technology transfer opportunities.
- Strategic claim drafting and amendments to build strong portfolio.
- Identify if target patent portfolio can qualify as Standard essential patents (SEP).
- Develop claim charts to assess the scope of the protection to determine whether claim covers the intended product features.